Wednesday 25 July 2012

Ode to CorelDRAW

This was our colleague's farewell email:
CorelDRAW is a dated and irrelevant program, frowned upon by everyone in the creative industry.
I still put CorelDRAW on my CV.
People always ask me why I would do that.
To which I answer: ”To take of that one part away,
would mean that I have to take away everything that it taught me and all the lessons that I learned from it.
Not having experience in that one program, the program that introduced me to everything I know now,
would mean that I wouldn’t have been here at all.”

I’ve been here for more than 6 years and I learned a lot. Every day was an blessing.
I kept smiling because I was happy.  I feel that everyone had a lesson to teach me.
I feel like I’ve grown so much and met some of the most amazing people in the world.
And I will love and remember each and everyone of you.

Every now and then I fire up CorelDRAW.
Just to remind me how far I’ve come.

1 comment: