Monday 25 February 2013

Over before you know it

Friday morning I went to Trish's to drop off Sydney and pick up Michael + Angelo = Michaelangelo. PIC 1 - There they are together. Sydney just can't wipe the smile off his face, so pleased he is to be going to Cape Town. PIC 2 - Arrive home Friday evening with all my baggage. I take all these things to work thinking there will be time to do some personal stuff. Then I bring it all home again. Sigh! PIC 3 - Trish gave my the roses she had at her dinner party. Just the roses for me, no dinner ;-) But aren't they wonderful. And they smelt like a rose, is a rose, is a rose. PIC 4 - The potted garden I created. PIC 5 - The garden table I created. You have to love summer. PIC 6,7 & 8 - Just 12 minutes from the city centre are the vast open spaces, where a man still herds his cows. So beautiful. In one breath you let go of all your stress. PIC 9 - Found an egg under the tree. Fell such a long way and didn't crack. Love the design ;-) PIC 10 - A single flower opened to celebrate the full moon. PIC 11 - Making a horned creature for Patricia to decorate. PIC 12 - To spend 15 minutes napping outdoors. Bliss. PIC 13 - The final touches to the patatpoffers. PIC 14 - The skenkelpastei. PIC 15 - Boerekos. The best food ever. The best comfort food ever. Lekker kuier kos. So on the menu: Skenkelpastei, boontjies, patatpoffertjies, hoenderpastei, rys, sous, soet wortels, blomkool met witsous. It was delicious. Thank you very much Lettie for the invite. PIC 16 - Malvapoeding with lots of brandy for dessert. Thank you Winel. PIC 17 - 5 years ago Cobus gave me this bistro table when he left for Amsterdam. I still have it. PIC 18 - How lovely it looks at night. Sitting outside under the light of the full moon. Thank you Cobus. And just like that the weekend's over. Ag nee.





1 comment: