Monday 25 July 2011

All weekend long

Lay under the tree, in the sun and read books. Wonderful!



A WILD SHEEP CHASE
Copyright © Haruki Murakami 1989

page 104: “Not really,” I said. “It’s just that the chaos has changed shape. The giraffe and the bear have traded hats, and the bear’s switched scarves with the zebra.”
“Same as ever,” I laughed.

page 239: she sat across from me with folded arms, fast asleep. The autumn morning sun, slanting in through the train window, spread a thin blanket of light over her lap. a tiny moth blew in from somewhere and fluttered about like a scrap of paper. The moth ended up on her breast and stayed there before flying off again. Once the moth had flown off, she looked the slightest bit older.

page 324: Darkness crept in through my ear like oil. Someone was trying to break up the fozen globe of the earth with a massive hammer. The hammer struck the earth precisely eight times. But the earth failed to break up.
Eight o’clock, eight at night.

LIGHT BOXES
Copyright © Shane Jones 2009

page 14: I thought of Bianca and her happiness like bricks in mud.

page 163: I wanted to write you a story about magic. I wanted rabbits appearing from hats. I wanted balloons lifting you into the sky. It turned out to be nothing but sadness, war, heartbreak. You never saw it, but there’s a garden inside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment