Monday 10 October 2011

BACK2BACK

page 2: Me talking about issues scared Jase more than a drunk with a pistol.

page 230: My boots crunch on the loose stones and there's a cold mist on my face that tastes like life.

Plugged © Eoin Colfer 2011

page 3: The coffee here, thank you for asking, is the worst f•••ing coffee I have ever tasted, and that's saying something, considering the shit my second wife used to make.

page 20: ... and Kebreth did get stronger, he did get braver, as strong as one of Selassie's lions, as brave as one of his tigers, while I remained a coward, which is why he is dead and I am still alive.

page 56: and when I woke up my mother was in the bed beside me, her knees curled up under her chin, looking seventeen again, but gaining ten hard years the moment she opened her eyes.

page 100: My brain remains my best feature, never sleeping, never stopping, grey with fear.

The Coffee Story © Peter Salmon 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment