Tuesday 21 February 2012

Saturday, all day

On Saturday I did nothing, but read my book. I had started it on Friday evening. On Saturday evening late when I had finished it I went to bed. It's the first Deon Meyer book I have read and I thoroughly enjoyed it.



Page 17: That was what struck her most, all these rich white people, but not a book in the house. But every single one had a bar.

Page 234: Life is a four letter word, without dimensions. You live. Or not. Like a switch, on or off. The dimension comes from what we do with it. That makes the difference between living, and a life.
I told Jessica I wanted to do things, to experience. I wanted to live. I thought my new beginning, my new job, my dance classes and plans for a book constituted life. And then I compared it with the life of one Lukas Bekker and I knew then that my switch was not yet on.

TRACKERS © Deon Meyer 2010
Originally published in Afrikaans as Spoor


No comments:

Post a Comment