Wednesday 1 November 2017

L'Atelier 2017

Last year I didn’t go to L’Atelier because the previous year had been so disappointing. Yes, Absa, I’m sorry but it’s the truth. This year was good, but there will always be the piece where you ask WT_? Sandwiches, come on.

The artist who presented the Mono Printing workshop had a piece on exhibition and he actually remembered me. I love his piece, very good. 

The food was so excellent, the lamb dish I could have eaten all night. The dessert cart looked amazing and tempting and had to be guarded by the chefs from the kitchen to the display area. People were following it, and attacking it like hyenas on an injured impala.

The entertainment included dancers, with their bodies painted, in some cases an extension of the artwork, or a copy of the artwork. There was one wonderful moment where a guest started dancing to the music  (You can dance until the night is done and it’s time to go, or something like that) next to this ‘human statue’  hoping to get some respose from her, she never batted an eyelid.
I put the video on Instagram and this was her response: Hahaha I was hoping I could find this ... I wanted to laugh so hard #StatueGurl


It was a wonderful evening, great vibe. Thanks for sharing it with me Liam.

Oh yes, Liam got all the winners to sign our boss' book. 




No comments:

Post a Comment