Wednesday 21 September 2016

A summer holiday

My brother sent me this photograph of us on the beach with mom so many (many) years ago. 1970something.

I remember that summer well. My parents had given me a camera and I had photographed everything at strange angles, so the horizon leaned steeply to the left or right in the pictures, and everything looked as though it might slide off the edge. I thought it was fabulously creative but my parents didn’t agree. 


Remember this was back in the days before digital, when you had to wait for the film to be developed and prints done before you could view your photographs. The way you share then was to meet with you friends and hand the pictures round in the circle while you explained them. Those were the days my friend...


No comments:

Post a Comment